Biscotti is 100% hands down my all-time favorite cookie. All flavors. I have not yet eaten one that I didn’t absolutely love. After going fully Paleo in diet, I thought that I would forevermore be deprived of my lovely Biscotti. Thankfully my worrying proved to be all for nothing! After a few trial and errors, these lovely Biscotti turned out perfectly! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I do.
Double Chocolate Biscotti:
2 c. almond flour (not blanched)
1 c. blanched almond flour
2 tbsp. arrowroot flour
3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, rounded
dash of salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. dairy-free chocolate chips
1/3 c. chocolate chips
1 tbsp. grass-fed butter or expeller-pressed coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350. Parchment-line baking sheet and set aside. In a food processor, combine almond flours, arrowroot flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
2. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips. Pulse until dough forms a ball.
3. Remove dough from your food processor with a rubber spatula. Separate dough into two even balls and form into a 5 or 6 inch log. Lightly flatten dough with your fingers. Bake in your oven for 18 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
4. With a large sharp knife (preferably serrated) cut your biscotti, or cookie since it isn’t technically biscotti yet, into 1/2 inch pieces on the diagonal.
5. Spread cookies on your baking sheet and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Take out and flip cookies over onto the other side, cook for an additional 10 minutes. Take the cookies out from oven and allow to cool, and become crispy.
In a double broiler, melt the chocolate chips and butter. Mix together until smooth. Let cool slightly, scoop chocolate into Ziploc baggie, cut a very small section of a corner of the bag and drizzle over the Biscotti!