I am one of those people who just cannot get enough of Pumpkin! So when I came up with this last night, I could not wait to try them. I just finished making them and I decided they needed to come on the blog right then.
As you may have noticed from the title of this post, this recipe is not Paleo or Gluten-Free. It is made with Einkorn flour, which is an ancient non-modified grain, that is now only grown in Italy. It is easily digested, and is known for being alright for people with gluten sensitivities. Although this is not originally a GF recipe, you can substitute the Einkorn flour for any GF flour of you preference.
Glazed Pumpkin Doughnuts:
1 can of Pumpkin Puree
½ c. sucanat
¼ c. dehydrated cane sugar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cloves
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups. Einkorn Flour
Glaze: 1-1/2 c. powdered sugar and 3-5 tablespoons of water. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven 350, and lightly grease doughnut tin.
- In an electric mixer, mix all ingredients (except the flour) for five minutes. Add flour slowly.
- Pour batter into a Ziploc bag, and pipe into doughnut tin until it is ¾ full.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges and firm to the touch.
- Remove from tin and let cool for two minutes before you glaze them.